- OPENJDK ASSEMBLY EXCEPTION
- The OpenJDK source code made available by Oracle America, Inc. (Oracle) at
- openjdk.java.net ("OpenJDK Code") is distributed under the terms of the GNU
- General Public License <http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html> version 2
- only ("GPL2"), with the following clarification and special exception.
- Linking this OpenJDK Code statically or dynamically with other code
- is making a combined work based on this library. Thus, the terms
- and conditions of GPL2 cover the whole combination.
- As a special exception, Oracle gives you permission to link this
- OpenJDK Code with certain code licensed by Oracle as indicated at
- ("Designated Exception Modules") to produce an executable,
- regardless of the license terms of the Designated Exception Modules,
- and to copy and distribute the resulting executable under GPL2,
- provided that the Designated Exception Modules continue to be
- governed by the licenses under which they were offered by Oracle.
- As such, it allows licensees and sublicensees of Oracle's GPL2 OpenJDK Code
- to build an executable that includes those portions of necessary code that
- Oracle could not provide under GPL2 (or that Oracle has provided under GPL2
- with the Classpath exception). If you modify or add to the OpenJDK code,
- that new GPL2 code may still be combined with Designated Exception Modules
- if the new code is made subject to this exception by its copyright holder.